August 14, 2010
- Ainsley found a CD/DVD of a Michael Buble concert in a drawer a few days ago. It’s her new favorite thing to watch. She loves the instruments, lights, and singing. And it’s pretty cute to hear her say, “Michael Buble”.
- Thaddeus is really filling out. I love it when babies start to get the creases around their wrists and toes from all that good baby fat. He’s built so differently from Ainsley; it’s fun to discover all his unique rolls and wrinkles.
- Be still my heart: During lunch the other day, I said, “Mmm… I love avacados.” Ainsley, in her very enthusiastic and exaggerated 2-year old manner, said, “I looove avacados!!” We then talked through about two dozen different fruits and veggies Ainsley loves. Some of the latest “I love” foods include tomatoes, nectarines, green and red peppers, and black beans.
- Thaddeus spends at least 3 hours a day in the pink sling, usually a lot more than that. People often peek at him and asked his gender, age, or name. But to my great delight, a few people have said, “How old is he?” “It’s a boy, right?” (And my favorite,) “Oh he looks like a boy.” Pink sling or not, this baby is all boy.
- I have been able to read a couple of great books this week. I wish I had time to blog about them, but alas. Parents out there — I highly recommend Helping Baby Sleep and The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood.
- My Farmers’ Market Plug: The Farmer’s Market is bursting with food right now. If you haven’t visited your local market this summer, now is the time. If you’re feeling adventurous, come visit the huge market in downtown St. Paul. We’d love to see you there!
- One more week of summer camp — woohoo! It’s been a long and tiring summer for Scott, but we are so proud of him for completing his SEVENTH summer. Congratulations, honey. Let’s celebrate (with coffee, of course)!