A few good books
I read a lot of really crummy to mediocre children’s books throughout the day.
It’s a mad dash to grab stuff off the library shelf that has no more than one or two short paragraphs a page. Plus, I have to be able to carry the books and Ainsley home again, so I’m limited to what fits in the bag and is usually in paperback version.
So we often end up with some duds.
But we also end up with some pearls.
Ultimately, I’m really trying to find books that…
- are enjoyable to read for Ainsley, Daddy, and Mama,
- help expand our minds,
- help us explore our great big world,
- expose us to different styles of illustration,
- are beautiful and pleasing to look at,
- connect us to a variety of cultures, environments, and social settings,
- encourage us to love and appreciate others,
- and help us relate to real life experiences.
Here are just ten (of the dozens and dozens) of the books we’ve enjoyed recently:
To see more of what we’ve been reading, check out my Shelfari page.
And, please, share what books you’re loving lately!