I love food. Especially breakfast food. Here’s another great breakfast recipe for anytime of day. We’re eating them for dinner right now.
- 1 c. – 1 and 1/3 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 3-4 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. milk
- splash of heavy cream
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- handful of chopped pecans
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk, and oil.
- Fold in pecans and blueberries.
- Warm a little coconut oil in your pan. Add batter.
- Enjoy warm pancakes with almond butter and a drizzle of honey.
You’ll note there’s no sugar or butter (not that butter is bad). Don’t expect them to taste or look like regular pancakes. They are a heavy pancake, not thin flapjacks. Sweeten them with a little real maple syrup or honey instead of refined sugar, and you can enjoy a few pancakes — guilt free.
I haven’t calculated the exact numbers, but I estimate that each pancake has about 5-8 grams of protein. Just think how much protein 4 or 5 pancakes have! I’m not a math whiz, but that’s a lot of protein.