Wednesday Farmers’ Market
Our trip to the market was brief and thankfully made with a car yesterday. I still have zucchini, carrots, and potatoes to use from last week’s trip. I also picked a second cucumber from the garden this week. Creamy cucumbers, here I come!
- 2 red bell peppers for $0.75 each
They are being put to good use in tonight’s at-home Chipolte fajitas. After using our only green bell pepper from the garden for this tasty meal two nights ago, I am excited to have fajitas again with MORE peppers this time. Here’s my “recipe” (rather… a list of ideal ingredients):
- Grilled pork chop (well-seasoned), chopped up
- Rice – I like basmati rice cooked with cilantro-lime seasoning and a dash of salt.
- Onions, garlic, and peppers cooked up on the stove. I like the peppers to still be brightly colored and “crisp” so they are added to the stove last and cooked for only a few minutes. I add a dash of seasoning to this, as well.
- Black beans (or any beans, really)
- Sour cream
- Whatever else I can find – corn, salsa, lettuce, fresh herbs, tomatoes…
Assemble, eat, and repeat.