Politics. Rhymes with Schmolitics.
November 4, 2008
Update: Ainsley’s not the only baby to vote… check this out!
A few thoughts on Election Day:
- What great weather! I’m excited to walk with Ainsley to our polling place at the rec center two blocks away.
- The most exciting part of Election Day? In only a few hours, normal commercials will return!
- I wish I had spent more time studying up on our local elections. I am always overwhelmed when I see a ballot, realizing that I was grossly under-prepared for all the decisions I’d have to make.
- I wish celebrities wouldn’t make their support for candidates so public and often obnoxious. It makes the candidates they support less appealing.
- In my life, I don’t remember an election that wasn’t close. I just saw an electoral map from the 1980 election showing only seven blue states; only two in 1984. Reagan had it easy, huh, McCain?
- Even after I vote, I’ll be an undecided voter.